Things to Know
- Unless instructed otherwise by your doctor or nurse, do not eat or drink anything (not even water) after midnight, the night before your surgery.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothes and shoes without heels. You will be asked to change into a surgical gown before surgery.
- Please do not wear jewelry.
- Please do not bring other valuables.
- Santa Cruz Surgery Center will not be responsible for any lost articles.
- On the day of surgery, you should take only those medications that your doctor or nurse tells you to.
- If your doctor has given you a prescription for post-operative medication, please have it filled prior to the day of your procedure.
- You may feel drowsy or unsteady the day and evening after surgery. It is important for your safety to have a responsible adult with you at home following your surgery.
- If your child is having surgery, you may be with him or her during the pre-operative and recovery phase. We suggest that you not bring other children with you since, for safety reasons, they are not allowed in patient care areas.