As a courtesy to our patients, we bill insurance or Medicare. Patients with verified insurance will be required to pay any estimated co-pay on or before the day of surgery.
Santa Cruz Surgery Center is presently contracted with most all locally available insurances including Medicare. Below is a list of major insurances we are in-network with. We may still be contracted with your carrier even if it is not listed below. Please contact our billing department at (831) 462-5512 if you have any questions.
Anthem Blue Cross HMO/PPO
Blue Shield HMO/PPO
Coastal Healthcare (TPA)
Easy Choice HMO
Health Net HMO/PPO
Central California Alliance for Health
Medicare Part B
Medicruz (Classic & Advantage)
Megalife & Health
PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
Robert F. Kennedy (Anthem)
United Agricultural Benefits
United Healthcare HMO/PPO
Workman’s Comp- Most Plans
Self-pay or Out-of-network patients:
Patients receiving services not covered by an insurance provider will be required to pay at the time– or prior to treatment. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Under Section 2799B-6 of the Public Health Service Act, you have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
• You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
• Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
• If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
• Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit
www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 831-462-5512.
Please note that Physician fees are not included in your Santa Cruz Surgery Center bill. You will be billed separately by your surgeon, anesthesiologist, and pathologist for any procedures they perform.
Patients can make online payments through our partnership with Instamed. Please click here to make a payment:
- Bring your glasses, hearing aids, insurance cards, and/or payments with you.
- Please call us at 462-5512 if you have any questions about your surgery or financial arrangements.